Zcash mining calculator
By: Ofir Beigel | Last updated: 01/27/21
This simple Zcash mining calculator will allow you to determine how much you can profit from any Zcash miner.
|ZEC/USD Exchange Rate|
|Pool Fees %|
|Hardware Cost (USD)|
|Power Cost (USD/kWh)|
|Duration||Calculation||Estimated Profit in USD|
Pure Earnings in ZEC:
Pool Fee in ZEC:
Earnings After Fee in ZEC:
Earnings in USD:
Power Cost in USD:
Earnings After Power Cost in USD:
Earnings After Hardware Cost in USD:
If you want a detailed explanation about how to use the calculator, keep on reading. Here’s what I’ll cover:
1. Zcash Mining Calculator Summary
- Enter the hash rate of your Zcash miner.
- (Optional) Enter any additional info you may have, such as your electricity costs, pool fees (if you’re mining via a pool), etc.
- Your calculated profit will be displayed automatically.
- For more info, click ‘Show details’.
Keep in mind that:
- Earnings are shown in USD, based on the current exchange rate. The exchange rate can (and probably will) change from time to time.
- Profit is based on the current difficulty of mining Zcash. Difficulty can (and probably will) change. From past experience, it usually goes up as time goes by.
- Earnings IS NOT profit. You still have to take into account the cost of your mining hardware and the electricity to run it (and cool it down if needed).
- All the data on the calculator can be adjusted manually. This is useful in case you want to simulate scenarios, or if for some reason the data is not up-to-date (though normally it is).
2. Calculator fields explained
Difficulty factor – The more people that are trying to mine Zcash, the harder it becomes to actually mine. Difficulty is a metric that measures how hard it is to mine at the current moment. This information is taken automatically from the Zcash network, so you do not need to change it.
Hash Rate – How powerful your miner is. The higher hash rate it can produce – the higher your mining rewards will be. Normally, you can get the hash rate of a specific miner from its manufacturer. You can also look up your GPU on this site (make sure you are looking at ‘Equihash’ in the ‘Algorithm’ column)
ZEC/Block reward – How many ZEC are distributed each time a successful block is mined. This distribution rate updates from time to time, to keep the ZEC money supply in check.
ZEC/USD exchange rate – How much USD can you get for 1 ZEC.
Pool fees – Usually miners group together into mining pools in order to increase their chances of successful mining. The pool takes a certain fee from the earnings.
Hardware cost – How much it cost you to buy your Zcash miner.
Power – How much energy your miner consumes. This information should be supplied by the manufacturer.
Power cost – How much you are paying for a kilowattper hour of electricity in USD.
3. Frequently Asked Questions
Is Zcash Mining Profitable?
Yes, Zcash mining is profitable if you have access to cheap electricity and a cool environment.
How Much is Zcash Worth?
At the moment 1 ZEC = 32 USD
What Algorithm is Zcash?
Zcash uses a different hashing algorithm from Bitcoin’s, called Equihash. This makes it incompatible with the special mining hardware (ASICs) developed for Bitcoin mining.
Zcash (ZEC) is a popular coin to mine due to its resistance to ASIC miners. However, before spending money on any GPU for mining purposes make sure to use the calculator on this page to predict profit as accurately as possible.
If you have any more questions or comments make sure to leave them in the comment section below.