Last updated December 2018
Your privacy is important to 99bitcoins.com. We developed this Privacy Notice to provide you with information on how we process your personal data when you create a 99bitcoins.com account, interact with our customer support specialists, visit 99bitcoins.com.com or visit other 99bitcoins.com websites, or use 99bitcoins.com apps that include a link to this Privacy Notice
We are 99bitcoins.com is a company by 99 Coins International PTE. LTD, the data controllers.
If you have any questions please contact 99bitcoins.com at
Email: [email protected] → I suggest to create a dedicated email for dataprivacy
8 Burn Road, #07-07, Trivex, Singapore (369977).
If you reside in the European Union, you have the right under the General Data Protection Regulation:
- To be informed about our processing of your personal data
- To have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed
- To object to processing of your personal data
- To restrict of processing of your personal data
- To have your personal data erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- To request access to your personal data and information about how we process it
- To move, copy or transfer your personal data (“data portability”)
- In relation to automated decision making, including profiling
You have the right to lodge a complaint with relevant supervisory authority in your country. It has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection law.
“Personal data” is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND USE:
- Email and public Bitcoin address
- Device information (location, identifiers)
- Technical information (IP address, operating system and browser type)
Information about Other People: via our websites, you can submit personal information about other people. For example, you might submit the name and e-mail address of any individual to send an invitation from 99bitcoins.com or link to 99bitcoins.com and want it sent directly to the recipient, you may be required to submit the recipient’s name and address. The personal information that may be collected about other people at these pages include the recipient’s name, address and e-mail address. We do not use the recipient’s personal information for any other purpose unless given direct permission to do from the recipient.
Purposes and Legal Grounds
- 99bitcoins.com also processes your email address to associate it with your 99bitcoins.com account when you interact with our customer support representatives. The legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interest in providing quality customer support.
- If you provide your opt-in consent to receiving marketing information from 99bitcoins.com, 99bitcoins.com will also process your email address for the purpose of sending you educational and marketing information about 99bitcoins.com products and apps. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your preferences in your 99bitcoins.com account or through the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing emails.
Transfers and Shares of Personal Data
99bitcoins.com is a global business. To offer our products, apps and services, we may need to transfer your personal data to other 99bitcoins.com companies in other countries.
When you create a 99bitcoins.com account, add personal data in your account profile, or upload data to your 99bitcoins.com account, your personal data will be collected and stored on 99bitcoins.com’s servers in the US, Israel and the EU.
Subject to applicable data protection law we may share your personal data with:
- Sub-contractors and other persons who help us provide our products and services
- Our legal and other professional advisors, including our auditors
- Fraud prevention agencies, credit reference agencies, and debt collection agencies
- Courts, to comply with legal requirements, and for the administration of justice
- In an emergency or to otherwise protect your vital interests
- Anyone else where we have your consent or as required by law
Cookies and Similar Technologies
If you do not want information collected through the use of these technologies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to automatically decline many of these technologies, or to be given the choice of declining or accepting them.
You have an opportunity to manage your cookie preferences on the sites; except that certain cookies are required to enable core site functionality, and you cannot choose to disable those cookies.
Here the list of cookies deployed by 99bitcoins.com
Here are examples of third-party providers of analytics and similar services we currently use:
Analytics and Advertising Services
- Google: Google Analytics is used to track site statistics and user demographics, interests and behavior on websites. We also use Google Search Console to help understand how our website visitors find our website and to improve our search engine optimization. Find out more information about how this analytics information may be used, how to control the use of your information, and how to opt-out of having your data used by Google Analytics.
- Doubleclick by Google: advertising on Internet. Find out more information about Google privacy policies here
- Youtube: Video hosting service by Google. Find out more information about Google privacy policies here
Retention of Personal Data
The following criteria are used to determine data retention periods for your personal data:
- We will retain your personal data as long as your 99bitcoins.com account is considered to be active
- We will retain the information about our financial reconciliation as long as it is required by tax authorities
- We will retain technical information about your visits to 99bitcoins.com websites and use of 99bitcoins.com app for 6 months
We request individuals under 18 not provide personal data to 99bitcoins.com. If we learn that we have collected the personal data from a child under 18, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
- We have implemented measures in an effort to maintain the confidentiality of all personal information in our custody and control, including only providing access to personal information to employees and authorised service providers who require such information for the purposes described in this document.
- We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control.
- To provide you with an increased level of security online, access to your personal information on certain of our websites may be protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone.
- We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication.
Bitcoin Video Crash Course
Dummy-proof explainer videos enjoyed by over 100,000 students. One email a day for 7 days, short and educational, guaranteed.
We hate spam as much as you do. You can unsubscribe with one click.