August 2018 update:
Applications are closed and a winner has been chosen – Anthony Michael Waddell from the University of Washington. You can view the submission here, and his video here. Thank you all for participating.
At 99Bitcoins, education is our primary goal. 99Bitcoins works daily to instruct others on the inner workings of Bitcoin trade. Since beginning our site in 2014, we have set up easy to understand Bitcoin tutorials and we now teach 1.4 million new Bitcoiners a month.
99Bitcoins understands the important role economic and cryptocurrency studies have in today’s world. We have created a scholarship to help economic-minded students move forward with their studies. We hope to help support you while you advance your education.
You are either
- a high school senior that has been accepted to an accredited university or
- a current undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited university.
- Please write a 1500-2000 word essay about the future of cryptocurrency. Where do you see cryptocurrency going in the next 5-10 years? How will you use your education to help improve cryptocurrency?
- In addition to your essay, please record a 5-15 minute video elaborating on the key points addressed in your essay.
- Submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited university that is listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants attending military academies are ineligible for this scholarship. All school transfers are subject to accreditation approval.
Submitting Your Application
Please complete the following form to submit your application: The 99Bitcoins Scholarship
The form must include:
- Full name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Attached evidence of your current academic status that you are currently enrolled at a college as set forth above. We will accept an acceptance letter or most recent tuition billing statement as proof of enrollment. By applying for this scholarship, you give us express consent to confirm your admission and attendance by contacting the college or university.
- Your written submission as a Google document via a shareable link. Essays in any other format will not be accepted.
- Please share your video as a link. The video can be private and be shared with any service you like, such as YouTube, DropBox, Google Drive, Vimeo, or any other service. If you’d like to keep it private on YouTube, make it “unlisted” so that it is not public. Please title the video file with your full name. The YouTube video must exist and be shareable up until the winner announcement date.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is August 1, 2018. A winner will be announced on August 15, 2018.
- The winning candidate will be selected based on the student’s essay and video by a team of judges from 99Bitcoins.
- Any questions about the scholarship can be directed to: Contact Form
- The scholarship funds provided by 99 Coins ltd can be sent via check, PayPal, or other means to the recipient or University. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
- This scholarship is available on a yearly basis.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos, videos, and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to the 99Bitcoins Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is accurate and complete.
The applicant automatically grants 99Bitcoins, its agents and/or representatives permission to:
-Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by 99Bitcoins.
-Post the applicant’s name, college or university, video, and essay on 99bitcoins.com web site.
-Call and/or send information to the applicant regarding their application.
-Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on 99Bitcoins social media pages.
Students must show proof of current enrollment to an accredited US college, university or vocational/trade school within 21 calendar days by submitting either a copy of the tuition bill or a letter of proof from the school. In the event a winner cannot prove their enrollment to an accredited college, university or vocational/trade school, 99Bitcoins will revoke the award for that individual and award it to the first runner-up.
99Bitcoins is a website dedicated to helping people get started with Bitcoin. We supply Bitcoin tutorials in easy to understand language to new users. We are currently the largest Bitcoin information source for non technical newbies.
Bitcoin Video Crash Course
Dummy-proof explainer videos enjoyed by over 100,000 students. One email a day for 7 days, short and educational, guaranteed.
We hate spam as much as you do. You can unsubscribe with one click.