Purchasing with bitcoin just got even easier for the catalog of over 200 vendors that accept giftcards that you buy via Gyft.
This afternoon the bitcoin accepting gift card provider rolled out the new Gyft branded digital card that allows you to simply buy one card that allows you to redeem your code at any of the merchants that Gyft now has inside the platform including Amazon. The card can be found here: https://www.gyft.com/buy-gift-cards/gyft-card/
Gyft describes the procedure here:
The Gyft Card allows for maximum flexibility. You can redeem the Gyft Card against any retailer on the Gyft platform, ranging from Amazon.com to Whole Foods Market. Instructions to redeem your Gyft Card:
- Copy your Gyft Card code.
- Select the gift card you would like to purchase and hit “Buy Now”.
- Paste your Gyft Card code into the Promo Code box and validate.
- Complete the payment process.
Allowing customers to simply buy a Gyft branded card will go a long way in removing some of the friction in the process.
Completing a purchase for the Gyft branded card appears to go just as other purchases and you can earn points on the purchase but not the next purchases made with the branded card’s balance.
It is important to note the card does have some restrictions. Gyft Cards have no fees and will never expire, although if you have not used your Gyft Card within 12 months from date of purchase, the card will automatically be converted to the Gyft-selected brand of the month. The card can only be used on the website and the Android app but does not work with iOS. Also the cards can only be used online and not in-store.
Latest posts by Coin Fire (see all)
- Film Distributor Lionsgate Accepting Bitcoin - October 6, 2015
- Federal Investigations of Cryptsy Underway - October 4, 2015
- Security Alert: Used Cloudminr.io? Change ALL Passwords. More than 79 thousand users impacted. - July 13, 2015