The Chinese exchange BTC China has confirmed that it is accepting USD and HKD deposits and withdrawals, becoming the first crypto-platform in the country to support three fiat currencies.
The exchange is now opening the new trade possibilities to all users, after an invite-only period. “BTC China is thrilled to expand this service to all of its International Account Holders. During this trial stage, BTC China collected several million USD worth of deposits. This service will be processed via its registered Hong Kong affiliate”, the company revealed on a press release published on Reddit.
To use the service, the clients have to register and then choose between the account options ‘domestic’ or ‘international’.
- International Account holders will be automatically eligible for this new service.
- Existing Domestic Account holders who wish to deposit and withdraw using USD or HKD are encouraged to open an International Account. After making their deposit, users will have access to the full range of BTC China’s products and services. All trades will be conducted in BTC/CNY and LTC/CNY.
“As a global company, BTC China is pleased to accommodate the demands of our users, both domestic and international”, said the company’s CEO, Bobby Lee. The exchange decided to offer new options following the requests made by several customers. According to the press release, “users have demonstrated strong demand for the exchange to support other currencies, and this is the first step”.
Before the integration of USD and HKD, the users were only able to make deposits and withdrawals in CNY. However, despite the introduction of new options, trading at BTC China remains free of charge.
BTC China is the second Chinese exchange to announce similar changes. A few days ago, OKCoin also launched USD deposits and withdrawals, as well as a new webpage in English.
Find the best exchange to buy Bitcoins
Latest posts by Maria Santos (see all)
- The 6 best Bitcoin mining software - April 24, 2016
- 5 Awesome Bitcoin stories shared by Redditors - October 16, 2015
- 9 Cryptocurrency-inspired games you should be playing - September 10, 2015