So as part of my new Bitcoin hobby I kind of got annoyed from the fact that I couldn’t find a normal WordPress plugin to show the latest Bitcoin & Litecoin prices. It kind of surprised me also since I thought that surely there would be tons of plugins that do this….but I guess I was wrong.
After searching the web for a few days I gave up and decided to just code the plugin myself. So now you can enjoy it too. So welcome to the official Coin Ticker Ver. 2.0 (you can see the actual plugin to your right).
What does the plugin do ?
The Coin ticker WordPress Plugin allows you to add a widget to your WordPress blog that shows you a ticker of the latest Bitcoin & Litecoin prices from different exchanges.
What features does the Bitcoin Ticker WordPress Widget (plugin) have ?
- View 5 different Bitcoin exchanges – HitBTC, BTCe, BitStamp and Bitcoin Average.
- Choose between Bitcoin and Litecoin prices.
- Displays a graph of the prices in the last 24 hours / 7 days / 30 days.
- Displays bid, ask, low, high and volume values of selected exchange.
- Fully customisable – choose which currencies, exchanges and values to display.
How to install the Bitcoin Ticker WordPress Widget (plugin) on your site
- Download the latest version of the plugin directly from the official WordPress.org plugin directory.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Plugins -> Add New
- Select “Upload” for the top tab.
- Select “choose file” and select the Zip file of the plugin you downloaded.
- Once the plugin is installed select “Activate plugin”.
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets
- Drag the widget named “Bitcoin Widget” to your side bar.
How to use the Coin Ticker ?
You basically don’t have to do anything to use the Widget. Each time you load the page the Widget will automatically fetch the values for the different exchanges. All you need to do is select the Bitcoin exchange that you want to view.
How to Uninstall/Deactivate the plugin
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Plugins -> Installed plugins
- Find the “Bitcoin Widget” plugin and click “deactivate”.
- After the plugin is deactivated click “delete”.
- Confirm that you want to delete the plugin.
In case you are having any issues with plugin or want to request any modifications please email me here.
It’s important to know that if you install the plugin there is a link to my site at the bottom. You are free to remove it if you like but I’d prefer you don’t 🙂
Either way it’s your choice, I hope you enjoy the plugin.
Bitcoin Video Crash Course
Dummy-proof explainer videos enjoyed by over 100,000 students. One email a day for 7 days, short and educational, guaranteed.
We hate spam as much as you do. You can unsubscribe with one click.